Thursday, July 30, 2015

...missing her, still...




It's been a year now...sometimes it seems like just yesterday. On my morning walk, I came to the corner where the tree with the tiny leaves stands. As I rounded the corner I looked up and was greeted with a shower of yellow leaves ...just like the day we took one of our last walks together.



Wherever I went, she was not far behind. She would sit out on the back porch and scan the garden. 




She always rearranged the dog cover on the couch.



If I went out on a quick errand, 
she would be waiting for my return.


She would sneak up on the bed and hide.


She loved to walk!


I miss her, still.....

2 comments:

  1. Awww, sob sigh... I still miss my Shasta and my Edward. Memories are sweet and I'm thankful for them. Even the irritating ones sortakinda now make me smile---because, like you, I still miss them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patti. (sorry for the slow response...). Her shadow is still here...it's just not the same.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping in to read my blog! I so appreciate your interest and welcome your comments! ~ peg